Our free Pet Loss Support eBooks, Information Sheets, and Workbooks are available for PC as well as mobile devices. We have information on pet loss, pet euthanasia, pet first aid, and other helpful pet topics for adults, children, and professionals.
- eBooks for Pet Care Professionals, Parents, and Teachers:
- After the Loss of My Pet is a question and answer sheet for parents that helps answer some common questions about children and pet loss. It will help parents address how to talk with their child, what to expect, and when to get another pet.
- Pet Loss and Grief - Understanding, Coping, and Healing will help you understand the five stages of grief as it pertains to pet loss. It also touches on healing, children and pet loss, and surviving pets and includes a list of other pet loss resources.
- Preparing for Your Pet's Euthanasia will gently explain when to consider euthanasia and how it is performed. It also provides suggestions for how to schedule the procedure, what to expect, and what do afterwards, including self-care.
- Your Surviving Pet and Grief explains how some surviving pets may not appear to be affected by the loss of a friend, while for others, their grief seems obvious. This guide will help you be observant and in tune to your pets behaviors after the death of a companion.
- How Can I Help? When someone we know is grieving the loss of a pet, it's often difficult to find words that will be comforting to them. This simple, yet useful guide will give you suggestions for comforting those in grief.
- Basic First Aid For Pets is a must have resource for everyone. Topics include CPR, shock, fractures and more, including how to make your own pet first aid kit.
- Paws for Thought is a journal-workbook for pet care professionals that will assist in coping with compassion fatigue. It can be used by individuals or by an organization's or clinic's entire staff.
- eBooks for Children:
- My Awesome Pet Journal is for children to write their thoughts about their pet or anything else they want. It's full of cute illustrations and verses but with plenty of room left to write. Pages can be printed and stapled together or put in a three-ring binder.
- My Pet is Gone Workbook is part journal, part workbook. There are places for children to write stories about and draw pictures of their pet. It's meant to help kids feel better about missing their best friend.
- Remembering Your Pet - Ways to Say Goodbye is an information sheet that will give you and your family ideas for saying goodbye to your pet.
All of our ebooks are free to download and print or to save to your mobile device!